Weekly Photo Challenge: Window

Window - Cong Grocery Store

As you might expect, most of my windows include components of food, drink, or culinary arts. This montage includes a surprise snap of a chef at Ashford Castle, my husband with a bevy of Irish beauties, and colorful plates in a Dingle cheese shop window. I love how the reflections in shop windows provide two scenes in one!

See more windows here: Weekly Photo Challenge: Window

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Food Photography

9 Comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Window”

1. January 10, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

Moriarty! I’m a Sherlock Holmes enthusiast… original books and 80′s BBC, but am loving the new incarnations of him in Sherlock and Elementary… may have nothing to do with the photo but I’m also a rambler. ;)
    I love these pics. I love your site. You are so creative with your interpretations. :)
    These look like adventures my partner and I would thoroughly enjoy. We have similar ones from our travels.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Have a great day!

• January 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

Wow, Crystal! I’m honored by your comments – thanks so much for your kind words. Not sure this is the Moriarty of Sherlock Holmes fame, but it is a very endearing pub in Dingle Town on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. If you love to wander, this is definitely a spot I’d recommend!

2. January 10, 2014 at 10:02 pm #

You don’t do things by halves, do you? [grin] Have you realised that the chef behind the window looks very like a Degas painting…?

• January 11, 2014 at 12:46 am #

Ha, ha! Not if I can help it. ;-) The kitchen window appeared to be a little steamed up – perhaps giving the photo a softer quality. Just as well, the chef was none too pleased to have his photo taken!

• January 11, 2014 at 12:49 am #

What a grumpy bugger! He thinks you’re going to make a fortune from it maybe? Well, if many of us share my opinion about Degas, mebbe you will! :-)

3. January 11, 2014 at 11:34 am #

Yup, reflections are like seeing something from both sides.

4. January 11, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

All are fabulous!!! Happy New Year!

• January 12, 2014 at 11:32 am #

Thanks Madelaine! Happy New Year to you too! Wishing you a fabulous 2014!