Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece

Masterpieces from Eastern Long Island, of the natural and culinary kind…

See more great photos here: Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Food Photography

14 Comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece”

1. July 26, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

Beautiful. πŸ™‚

• July 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Thanks, NW! Sometimes the East is (nearly) as pretty as the West!

2. July 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

Aaaaaah, yummy! Great post!

3. July 26, 2013 at 9:30 pm #

Let’s eat!!!

4. July 27, 2013 at 1:50 pm #

I’m on my way for some food and drink. πŸ™‚ But my favorite is the photo of the hawk!!!

janet

• July 27, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

Thanks, Janet! I really need to get a longer zoom if I want to keep taking bird pictures. πŸ˜‰

5. July 27, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

Great capture of the falcon’s nest and mate!

• July 27, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

Thanks, Becca! We were visiting friends and I noticed the nest. My friend Frank promised me that if we went there to take pictures that the hawks would be active. Such beautiful birds. I’m trying to talk my husband into building a hawk nest in our small backyard. πŸ˜‰

6. July 28, 2013 at 4:02 am #

Don’t ever invite me to dinner, you’ll never get me to leave πŸ™‚

For what it’s worth, those are osprey, not hawks. I hope that doesn’t ruffle any feathers. See how I did that? Pure comedic genius! And you thought I just made the occasional pretty picture πŸ˜€

• July 28, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Ha ha! You crack me up, Jeff. That’s actually my friend Frank’s cooking. He and his wife Ann make the most delectable Italian dishes. Thanks for pointing out the birds as ospreys. Guess if I’m going to keep snapping them I should learn a little more about them. πŸ™‚

• July 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

Oh, well in that case, when can I expect my dinner invitation? πŸ˜›

I’m far from an ornithologist, but I do know a few.

• July 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm #